I usually make this fly using Catgut Biothread in caddis green but this time I did it using the new nymph skin. It is a different approach, with dark marks to highlight the body segmentation.
I consider it a good searching pattern which imitates small free swimming caddis. Can be tied as simple as possible using only thread and nymph skin to provide the body silhouette and realistic look. If is needed more sparkle or visibility, then a hot spots can be added behind body or behind bead. Or you can use perdigon skin as underbody to make a discrete but flashy enough hot spot.
- Demmon DHG 903 BL #12
- Under body – green thread
- Body: Synthetic nymph skin transparent grey marked
- Bead:- black nickel tungsten in 3mm
- Legs: -partridge barbs
- Hot Spot – in lower part : perdigon skin Small PSM1
- Thorax: green synthetic dubbing mixed with thorax dubb.
Bellow is a version tied on size #16 hook with hot orange neck:
- Demmon DHG 903 BL #16
- Under body – yellow thread and green thread
- Body: Synthetic nymph skin transparent brown marked
- Bead:- black tungsten in 2,5mm
- Thorax: mixed synthetic dubbing in red-brown combined with brown and dark grey squirrel dubbing
- Hot Spot: orange thread