PT7 Troutline Pheasant Tail nymph is simple to tie and effective in dark waters. What I like at this fly is the sparkle that can be seen very well by fish no matter how deep is the river or how muddy it is. I use it in cloudy and rainy days and for me is a must nymph for these kind of conditions.
- Demmon fly hook G602 #12-16
- Thread: UTC Orange
- Body: Pheasant barbs in natural color
- Tail: Coq de Leon – Indio Rubion
- Ribbing: Wire in copper but sometimes I use wire in red or blue
- Thorax: Mad Rabbit Dubbing Plus Black Pepper combined with Troutline Rainbow Dubbing White-Violet or you can use a ready mixed dubbing called “thorax dark dubbing“
- Cover: Troutline Mylar Band 2mm wide – ice pearl