This simple to tie egg lying sedge is a good dry fly for trout fishing on big rivers like those from Lapland.
Super easy to tie with a simple chenille body fixed as extended body, a wing made of high quality CDC and a few turns of squirrel dubbing, the fly will work excellent on fast flowing currents.
I recommend to be used late in the day or on cloudy days. Even if is rainy slowly and is warm, this fly will be a favorite one for trout fishing. Free drift floating or down and across are the best techniques that will fish to take it. If goes wet, don’t worry, you can fish it like a swimming caddis wich sometimes can be more productive compared with dry stage.
- Demmon E320 tied in size #10-14 ( big is better for this model )
- Extended body is made of micro chenille in 2mm diameter in cinnamon, brown, or olive
- Hot Spot – made of UV Resin -color chartreuse from Troutline
- Wing: CDC – the natural grey tyier pack is a good option
- Hackle: made of Squirrel Dubbing in rusty color fixed in dubbing loop