The well known French emerger “La Peute” is a fabulous wet fly well known for how simple and efficient is. A version of it, as a nymph, is super simple and efficient for fishing in ginger clear waters. In the last 2 years I make it using dubbing because I noticed that trout love more the flies made with dubbing.
So here is my 2 versions and a simple video about tying the model with dubbing.
- Hook: #12 Demmon DJS 300BL
- Thread: Yellow
- Body Thread: Olive for the model made with thread
- Body: Yellow or mixed with Olive, Mad Rabbit Dubbing for the fly with body made of dubbing
- Ribbing: for the fly with dubbing: mylar in pearl or Perdigon Skin in color PSMF1
- Hackle: mallard body feather
- Tungsten in 4mm copper
Usually the hackle is made with feather fixed from the base of the stem. Then, because the barbs are very long, they are cut to size. I prefer to fix the feather from the tip and to adjust in this way the length of the barbs. You will see in the video bellow.