Tying Recipe and materials:
- Hook: Demmon DSD 100 #12-#14
- Thread: Uni 8/0 BOlive
- Body: Troutline Squirrel Dubbing in olive color
- Wing: Transylvanian Deer Hair – dark color combined with layers of natural CDC
- perfect for fishing on lakes when sedge insects are hatching
- perfect for fishing as dry fly or wet fly ( wet should be fished dynamic like swimming sedge )
- perfect for fishing in fast flowing parts on rivers
- perfect for New Zealand nymphing ( the sedge should set as a dropper fly and works like an indicator for fishing with the nymph )
Sedgehogs are popular pattern and are very simple to be tied. We consider a “must have” fly because floats very well, better than a Goddard Sedge and the water print is very close to natural aspect.
The fly is mostly popular in UK but from some times is more and more popular in Alps rivers and torrents . In Italy became famous due to high durability at trout teeth and because floats excellent!